Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fever




The Peanut woke up with a fever over 101 F this morning.  No festival for us today.

But we will be enjoying lots of kleenex, anti-inflammatory medication, blankets, and as many fluids as momma can pump into a child in a day.  We're currently watching Lord of the Rings and snuggling up with dad.

Mercifully, despite a horribly sore throat and fever, the strep culture has come back negative for the moment.  We're to keep an eye on her and keep her resting, so it will be movie-o-rama for us for the time being and, hopefully, perhaps a little football later on teevee.

Here's hoping she feels better tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the excellent posts!

Phil said...

Good lord it's been a long time.
I found this link in an old email I got from Suzanne @ FDL.

I see you are crazy busy as usual, sorry to hear the little darlin' is feeling poorly.

I do believe I actually remember her name after all these years,she shares it with a pop singer with a fruit for a last name if I'm not mistaken.
How old is that young lady now, somewhere between six and eight I would think.
I thought I would drop you a line, hoping you and your family are doing well and of course, I wish you the best.

I do miss your razor sharp analysis on the legal ins and outs of what goes on .


You will remember me eventually from The Lake.

Busted

Christy Hardin Smith said...

Hey there, Busted! Great to see you here. The Peanut is 9 now, if you can believe it, and growing like a weed. Life is good here -- we are doing well at the moment, so I can't complain. Hope things are good with you, too! :)