Friday, April 20, 2012

Un-Blurring The Lines


















This week has whizzed by.  Staying home with a sick girlie seems to blur the lines between time and space a bit.

Although I've gotten a mound of laundry done and put away, meals have been cooked and dishes have been done, it feels like I've been doing absolutely nothing around the house despite being here pretty much all day long every day.

How is it that sitting in a chair watching a movie with a sick child can make you so exhausted by the end of the day?  Is it just me, or does this happen to everyone?

In any case, today I'm going to pull out the dreaded "to do" list and the kitchen timer and set myself on a few tasks for 30 minutes here and there throughout the day just to feel like I'm accomplishing something this week. 


If nothing else, I am going to tackle things room by room today.  It's amazing how just exerting yourself for 30 minutes...or even 15 minutes...in a single space with concentrated effort can make such a huge difference.  Here's hoping that is the case today, because I could use a lot less clutter and chaos for my own sanity's sake.

It's funny how much it helps to just clear off the flat surfaces and vacuum a little bit here and there.  But it does.

Have folks come up with a better strategy for managing this day to day?  If so, I'd love to hear it.  I'm good with a big burst of cleaning, but I'm horrible at the day in, day out management of the little things.  I need a better system, and I'd love to hear what has worked for all of you.

(Photo by Christy Hardin Smith.)

No comments: