Thursday, March 1, 2012

Plodding Forward


















Today?  It feels like I've been barely plodding forward.

Ever have one of those weeks where you know you have done a lot, but it feels and looks like you have nothing to show for it?

That's me at the moment. 

It feels like life is one enormous slog -- so much to do, barely enough time to get any of it done, and not getting the immediate results I was hoping for as yet.  Arrrrrrgh.

So today?  It's going to be a clear out the extraneous crapola day.  You'll be able to find me with a donation bin and a garbage bag running all over the house and picking through the dross to weed out the unwanted, unused, and unnecessary.  If nothing else, I'm hoping this gives me a visual boost and frees up some much-needed counter and table space.

Pretty much any victory today will do.  That's what I'm saying.


(Photo by Christy Hardin Smith.  This giraffe came so close to the "safari" vehicle at Disney's Animal Kingdom that we could see its tongue.  Managed to snap this shot while it was peering into the vehicle at the people who had clearly been driven by for its own personal giraffe amusement.  This was a very, very exciting moment for The Peanut.)

No comments: