Monday, February 13, 2012

Focus Is Key


















Things have been way too scattered for me lately.  I'm running in twenty directions at once but not really accomplishing much of anything.

At least it feels that way, anyway.

This is what happens with me when there are too many things that need to be done all at one time.  I freeze, like a deer in the headlights, until my brain works out a way to accomplish smaller chunks of the problems and then things get done.

But I don't have time to waste being frozen at the moment.  So today is going to be a day for making lists and figuring out a way through their contents that is most efficient for all of us.

Say it with me:  focus is key.

I will not be distracted by the mundane or the panicky feeling I get when I think about what needs to be done.  I will focus solely on smaller pieces of the whole, and then start to tic them off, one by one, over the course of the week until they are all completed.


Today is all about focus at my house.  Here's hoping a little focus will go a long way to conquering the rising sense of panic at not having completed nearly enough on my "to do" pile over the weekend.

(Photo via Dominik Morbitzer. Love this shot -- nicely done!)

No comments: