Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hello, Gorgeous!
































This peacock was strutting his stuff at Disney's Animal Kingdom and I couldn't resist trying to snap a few shots of his gorgeous plumage.

I wish I could have captured how his feathers glistened in the bits of sunlight that filtered down through the enclosure he was in, but it is a tough thing to ask a haughty wild animal to pose perfectly for you.

So this is what I got when I just snapped away and hoped for the best.

This is my best close-up shot of him.  Isn't he gorgeous?

And he knows it, too.

This is not the sort of man you want to bring home to momma, now is it? 

If you go to Animal Kingdom, do take the time to walk the entire length of the forest trails -- there is one in Africa that features a number of animals including gorillas and has a lovely bird sanctuary area, and one in Asia that features tigers and a myriad of other exotic birds as well.

I'll be sharing more photos going forward.  Consider this one a taste of things to come. 

For folks who are wondering, this is my own photo which I snapped with my Canon EOS Rebel T2i camera with an 18-135 mm lens. I swear this camera practically takes the photographs itself -- my eye just has to worry about the framing and the timing of the shot.

No comments: