Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cleaning House


















I am so stealing this fabulous idea from Sarah at Memories on Clover Lane:
Here's how I spring clean:
I take a notebook.
I make a heading for each room. Even closets.
I imagine that I'm a potential buyer of this house. You know...PRETEND!...and see the room through someone else's eyes.
I stand in each room and look around and see all the imperfections.
Then I write down what needs to be done if I were to put it up for sale. Every single thing.
Now this is a great idea for starting to refresh my house before the start of the new year.  Additionally, it would be a great way to work systematically through things without forgetting something in any one room. 

I love this.  A lot.

The fact that it appeals to my detail-oriented, list-making self is only part of its appeal. Imagine how much more you could refresh and fix up if you only saw it from a completely different perspective.


Truly, this is brilliant stuff. And I'm going to try it out today.

Mercifully, among our clutter, I am positive that I have a few blank notebooks just begging to be used for just such a purpose.  If only I can find them...

(Photo by Christy Hardin Smith.)

No comments: