Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rejuvenation

Ever reach that feeling where you have nothing but fumes left in the tank?  Where you know your "to do" list is piling up, but you are finding it really hard to care and can't muster the energy to get up and do the things that need to be done?

That is me today.

There are things that need to be done around the house, and I'm going to knuckle down and do a number of them.  But I'm also in search of some serious rejuvenation, even if it is only on a small scale.

Perhaps I can steal a little quiet book time this morning.

Or take a warm shower with some scented aromatherapy bath gel after I get the kitchen cleaned up a bit.

Or maybe my treat for the day will be painting my toenails and adding some of those little, sparkly rhinestones on my big toes that I got for The Peanut the other day.  Who says bling isn't for grown-ups, too?

Something tells me that I'm going to need to be better about self-care in the coming months. 


As I brace for the coming storms of winter and whatever life throws in my path in the wake of the melanoma being removed from my back last week, I'm feeling the need to collect some little ideas on how to make life a little sweeter.

To, in the words of Thoreau in Walden, "to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life." Today, I am hearing time tick by me far too rapidly, and I'm feeling the need to find a way to enjoy every precious second just a little more than usual.

Ideas on how to do just that, to savor the joy and surf through the rest with a smile?  It would be very much appreciated.

(Speaking of storms to come, has anyone had to deal with a lymph node biopsy?  Am not finding a lot of useful information online and I'm trying to inform myself in advance of my appointments.)

(Photo via anlopelope.  Gorgeous shot, and a perfect spot for reading, too.)

No comments: