Saturday, August 20, 2011

Taking A Mental Vacay Every Day




















I stumbled across this photo of Santorini the other day, and immediately pulled it onto my desktop to soak in the gorgeousness of the view.  The color of the sea below is breathtaking, isn't it?

Just beautiful.

There are so many places in the world that I have not yet been.  But I've decided that pining for what might someday be isn't the way that I want to go.  It's a waste of the time I have right now to be constantly wishing I could go somewhere else, have something different, see something constantly new.

Instead?  I'm going to enjoy what is right in front of me and, occasionally, bring something new right here to all of us.  Maybe have a Greek food night, or wear more silk scarves a la Grace Kelly, or learn about masterworks of art whether or not I ever see the originals.

Life is just too short to be living for "someday."  So I'm going to bring the "someday" to my "here and now" every single day.  That sounds a lot more fun to me.


(Photo via fabry.  Gorgeous shot!)

No comments: