Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pumpkin Pudding Recipe




















I know it is a wee bit early for anything Fall-ish, but I have been craving pumpkin pie lately for some reason.  However, pumpkin pie is pretty caloric and not all that healthful when you add in the crust and the huge dollop of whipped cream.

I stumbled across a pumpkin pudding recipe that I tweaked a little bit, and found gold for both my cravings and for satisfying my dessert needs.

Plus, it is seriously easy to whip up.  This may become a regular at our house, given how nutritious pumpkin is for all of us.  See what you think:


Easy Pumpkin Pudding

1 pkg. SF/FF butterscotch pudding
1 1/2 c. milk
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree (not the pie mix)
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
tiny pinch of ground cloves
Splenda to taste
sugar free or lite cool whip

Mix everything together except the cool whip.  Allow to set for about half an hour in the fridge.  Scoop into serving dishes and top with some cool whip if you want a topping.

Seriously yummy, and perfect for Thanksgiving if we are in the mood to eat healthfully.  I could crumble in a couple of Nilla Wafers for a crust crunch if I wanted, too.  And I'm thinking about playing around with adding some skim ricotta to this mix to see if it comes out like a cheesecake.  Was thinking I could crumble a graham cracker on top or layered like a parfait if I do that.  Will let you know the results if I can get it there.

(Photo via DrBacchus.)

No comments: