Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Found A Great (Cheaper!) Doll Bed!

All this talk about American Girl dolls today reminded me that I'm in search of a bed for her doll for this year's present.  Guess what The Peanut will be getting for Christmas?

This adorable bunk bed and closet combination.

(Sure hope she doesn't read momma's blog between now and then!)

It is wooden -- not cheap-o, breakable plastic -- and is bunk beds, which The Peanut loves.

And it comes with an attached closet for clothes which is handy for organizing in The Peanut's bedroom.  I think we'll use the little top shelf for a doggie bed for her little Coconut doll.

I can make a pillow for that, right?  Even without awesome sewing skills, I should be able to put something together that will work for that space for a stuffed, toy doggie bed.  Right?!?  (I doubt my crafty skills, but we'll see.  I'll put a picture up when the bed arrives and I've finished my handiwork.)

It is adorable -- and a little over $30 cheaper than the single bed I'd been looking at on the American Girl website.  Plus, I got free shipping when I ordered.  Bonus!


Anyway, this just to illustrate that you can find nice things for less that work well with American Girl dolls.  I'd looked at something similar made by the same company at Target just this morning, but decided not to buy it because it was a single bed -- sturdy, but not exactly what I wanted. 

When I looked around online, I found this and it is perfect:  The Peanut luuuuuuuuuvs bunk beds, and she will have way too much fun with this.  I couldn't pass up the price savings along with the added value of the closet on the end.

For dinner tonight, I promised her we'd have something fun and include her doll, Natalie.  Daddy is out of town and she wanted to do a "girl's dinner," so I've set up the kitchen table like a little tea party for us.  Will pop some pictures up tomorrow for you all to see.

No comments: