Saturday, May 8, 2010

Windy

The wind is whistling through the trees outside, sounding like the ocean's roar, but muted as if at a distance from the shore.

Our hemlock trees behind the house are swaying, yet holding steady, as is the great oak tree across the street.

The birds are seeking refuge on my large feeder, but are wary of the stray cat that has parked itself underneath.

It is the last gasp of winter's chill, blowing through at the tail end of spring just to keep all the gardeners on their toes.

And I absolutely love it.


Perfect day for a hot cuppa tea, some warm Uggs (Thanks, egregious -- I'm still loving the ones you helped me pick out!) and an old dachshund cuddled on my lap.  Ahhhhhh...


(Love this photo of a cardinal whose crest is a little bent out of shape via RunnerJenny.)

No comments: