Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's A "Calgon, Take Me Away" Day

The Peanut has her school play this morning.

They are doing a dress rehearsal performance for the high school, and I'll be at school most of the morning doing make-up, costumes, and generally helping out wherever they need a mom to run around like a chicken with her head cut off.

They are doing a production of Willy Wonka.  Let me just say that the Ooompa Loompa's (YouTube) take forever and leave it at that.

I honestly do not know how the teachers are maintaining their sanity between play practice and the nice weather and the very squirmy kids this time of year.  But the kids are doing such a wonderful job, and it's been a hoot to help out.


Just really tiring as a week-long slog.  Can't wait until the last performance on Sunday.

It is going to be one of those "Calgon, take me away" (YouTube) sorts of weeks.  (Remember that old commercial?)

So I'm starting my day with this gorgeous shot of a water view in Brazil.  Ahhhh...now that's a vacation for the mind's eye to start the day, isn't it?

(Lovely photo via ...anna christina....)

No comments: